This recipe is from my Mother, who makes excellent Rasam, Sambhar and Vangibath powder in an authentic way.
- ¼ cup channa dal
- ¼ cup Urad dal
- ¾ coriander seeds/ dhania
- 1 tablespoon jeera/ cumin
- ¾ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon methi/ fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds/ gasagase
- 10 to 12 pieces of 1 inch cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 45 byadgi dry byadgi red chillis
- 20 - 25 red chillies
- 2 tablespoon oil
THIS RECIPE MAKES AROUND 2 CUPS OF BISI BELE BATH POWDER.
- Heat the pan on a medium high heat.
- Add oil, then add all the ingredients ( channadal, urad dal, jeera/ cumin seeds, mustard seeds, methi/ menthya/ fenugreek seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves and both variety red chillies ) except dhania and poppy seeds.
- Fry it until channa dal and urad dal turned into golden brown.
- Once it turned golden brown color, add dhania and poppy seeds. Fry it for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Then grind this to a fine powder. Put the powder in the pan and mix it really well.
- Now the Authentic Mysore Bisi Bele Bath Powder is ready.
- Store it in a container and use it to make authentic Bisi Bele bath.